3.7

I have had my new Consumer Cellular cell phone for about a week now. Within 1 week they tell me (via email and text mssg) that I have already used up 80% of the data allowed on my call plan. I thought that was odd because I have scarcely used the cell phone at all---I use my land line much more. As it turns out, they never told me that I have to disable ALL mobile functions on the phone and have it entirely in wifi mode ALL the time, or else they will charge me by the minute just to have the phone even activated at all while in "mobile' mode. They didn't tell me this when I signed up with them for my call plan.

it's not worth it. I don't "live and die" by my cell phone. It's for necessary calls; not for "stuff' that is easier done on my computer. I won't pay for 1440 minutes per day just to have my phone turned on---while in mobile mode. Ridiculous.

So I will send this phone back to Consumer Cellular. I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars per month just to have my cell phone in an activated state and in mobile functions rather than wifi mode---with Consumer Cellular.

It's what they DON'T tell you when you sign on with them that you have to watch out for.

Tillie_2015 wrote the review because of pricing issue at Consumer Cellular. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Consumer Cellular to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was excessive billing and lack of full disclosure about charges and prices. Author liked the most customer service receptive and customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Consumer Cellular and consumer cellular phone plan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Consumer Cellular?

Comments