2.7

Please don't trust what Consumer Cellular support people tell you. After having the service for several years, I needed a new phone. I called to ask what phone(s) were compatible, and whether I could obtain a phone that had a texting keyboard. I was told that ANY AT&T phone would work on the network. I then spent $375 at Best Buy on the type of phone I was looking for. What I was told was NOT true. I can text and phone, but no web service and no way to send or receive pictures, etc.

Today, when I talked to a customer service manager, the message was basically "tough." I was offered a $5.00 credit, but no further resolution. This is definitely a case of "buyer beware." I don't know how I am expected to understand all of the intricacies of cell phones, settings and carrier exclusions. I am a doctor, not an IT specialist! So, once again, we have customer "no service," and I am out a pile of cash. Looks like I'll have to switch to AT&T, which is much more expensive, to get the use out of my phone.

Be careful out there in the world of electronic devices.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. California Dreamer is quite happy with cheap plans and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer support and no service to speak of. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of cell phone and associated monetary loss in the amount of $375. Consumer Cellular needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cell phone in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Consumer Cellular.

Had an Experience with Consumer Cellular?

Comments