I have been a customer for over 1 year through AARP because I got a discount $2 a month Whoopi! I bought and paid for a phone over a year ago.

I found that my phone that I paid for was locked so I called customer service and they unlocked it. Eventually I could no longer pay my bill for service due to health reasons. I ended up getting qualifying for free service through a Government program. Phone worked fine for a week then I was locked out again.

I called CC customer service and they told me that even though I had paid for phone in full over a year ago. If you discontinue their service they will re-lock your phone that you own until you pay outstanding bill for service. Thats the case, so you never own what you paid for and they can lock you out. This by a company that is endorsed by LIBERAL LEANING AARP.

I’m sure I’m not the 1st customer that became infirm in my old age and had problems paying my bills. So what I paid for is now rendered useless.

Then when I looked online for reviews of Consumer Cellular they average 2 stars out of 10!! Stay away from these thieves

Product or Service Mentioned: Consumer Cellular Cell Phone Unlock.

Reason of review: Access/ activation issues.

Preferred solution: Unlock what I paid for.

Consumer Cellular Pros: Nice to talk to.

Consumer Cellular Cons: Deception, Never own what they sell, Tell customers policy before you buy phone.

• Unlock Code