We just switched to Consumer Cellular from US Cellular on the first of June 2014. After our first month of service I can report that we couldn't be happier with the service. US Cellular was dependable (we were with them for over 4 years) and we had no problems with them except that we were paying about $92 a month with a company discount for a smart phone and a flip phone. My wife and I do not use the voice or data that much (less than 600 min and 300mb a month) so we went to talk to US Cellular about perhaps getting a less expensive plan for our pattern of use. They really had nothing to offer us and would not even waive the activation fees if we signed up for a new 2 yr contract.

Our first month with CC has been without problem. We bought our phones (a basic flip phone and a Moto G smartphone) at our local Sears. I activated them on line and with the exception of the data portion not working right away on the smart phone everything went fast and smooth. I call to CC was answered within 30 seconds and the representative made a s small tweak and the data was up and running. I couldn't ask for better customer service. The AT&T network that they use has worked well everywhere we have traveled.

Our first months bill was less than $48 and we still had some minutes and data left on the 600 min/300 mb plan.

So if you are not a "power user" and want to save some $ and still have good data service as well as dependable voice, go with Consumer Cellular. No contract, good service, and a good price. You can monitor your usage of both voice and data on-line at anytime.

Review about: Consumer Cellular Phone Plan.

Had an Experience with Consumer Cellular?

Comments

I'm looking now to change from Sprint when our plan ends in Oct. and our needs are IDENTICAL to yours so this was very helpful! Thank you!