The paying plan runs smooth overall.I would AVOID using their automatic payment plan charging your credit card monthly.

If you run into any misunderstandings they just keep billing your credit card. I CALLED IN TO DISCONNECT my fathers phone and because we were unsure rather we wanted to save his phone number to be used on his new phone with a different company they kept us locked in as an active running account. They knew we switched companies and told them we no longer wanted to use their company. Of course when you call in to complain they tell you it is your own fault.

If I would have just told them I didn't want to keep the old number instead of thinking about it I would have not been continually billed. We gave him a new number when we switched companies and never thought anymore about it. Be very careful how you word things. Of course they were nice enough to reduce PART of the charges even though they knew there had been no usage to the phone.

You have to be very clear on what you want done or they continue to charge even though you aren't using the phone. For a company that advertises being a good phone for seniors they do not make themselves clear enough.

Then they fail to work with you.Very disappointed in their service.

Review about: Consumer Cellular Phone Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Consumer Cellular?

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1278850

Consumer cellular is a terrible company.The clerks answering the telephones are seemingly part time because they do not know anything at all.

The company does not have a tech section, and the information from the telephone clerks is laughable.

I am changing my provider, and advise you to do the same.They claim to be cheap, but they actually charge you more than a real cell phone provider would, rather than a supposed cut rate one that does not work well and is expensive.