2.2
Poster increased review rating.

When I signed up with CC, I signed up for the unlimited talk and text with 3 GB of data. The rep then told me that my bill for 2 lines would be $60 a month including tax and surcharges.

I had some trouble with porting our old numbers and when I called, they fixed that and told me that the 3GB plan is going to be changed to a 5GB plan and the 3GB plan no longer exists. They also said that they were going to up the price $5 for the 5GB plan but that they reduced the cost of the additional line from $15 to $5 so I'm getting more data to use and my bill is actually going to be $5 less! GREAT! Well it would have been if they actually did this but I come to find that is was all BS.

My first bill was $60 and that was with a $10 credit. Got the bill 2 weeks after service began. Second bill was $80 and the third was $90. So I called.

They told me that I was charged $10 for going from 3GB to 5GB and an extra $10 for going to the 10GB plan because we exceeded the 5GB. So I explained that I was told I had 5GB to work with right off the bat! I was told this numerous times too when I first signed up. Turns out that was a bunch of BS.

The rep said that she never heard of such a thing. When you call to speak to someone, you will be on hold for no less than 15 minutes, but more likely 30 to 45 minutes. Customer service is about as bad as it gets. Had to demand a refund for the tier jump from 3 to 5GB so they gracefully gave me a one time $10 credit.

Gee thanks! I knew this sounded too good to be true.

Bottom line is watch your data use and keep an eye on your bill and make sure it right. Apparently you get what you pay for and they will lie to you to get you to sign on.

Product or Service Mentioned: Consumer Cellular Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Consumer Cellular Pros: Price they said i would be charged.

Consumer Cellular Cons: Price i was actually charged, Bait and switch service.

• Service Not Honored

Comments

Only unlimited talk text not data.Read my review.in fact their commercials are deceptive

Consumer Cellular Reviews