1K views
Featured Resolved
4.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Dec 29, 2017

Consumer Cellular switched my plan back to Autoupdate and fixed my bill to what it should have been. Issue resolved

Original review posted by user Dec 28, 2017

Consumer Cellular is not available except Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM and closed on weekend and holidays. The website is really dificult to make changes to your account and doesn't always work.

I tried upgrading my plan online and could not reach them by phone. Now they are trying to bill me $804.00 at 23.5 cents per megabyte. This is a scene right out of a nioghtmare!

They called and left me a voicemail message saying I am stuck with the bill as they say the charges are valid and I had a plan for $46 not $804.00! I cannot pay such an outrageous bill as I will starve to death for a month!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Resolved the billing issue.

I didn't like: How much their service costs.

Comments

This could only happen if the customer had refused or turned off Auto update. All of my devices crashed on 12/31/17, New Year's Eve except my phone.

My desktop, laptop and tablet all went down. Since I had Wi-Fi I thought I could use my phone. Unfortunately, my home Wi-Fi somehow got disconnected from my phone. The next day I got a notice from CC that they were upgrading our account to the next plan due to data usage.

Of course, I checked it out and realized what happened. The point is that they didn't charge me hundreds of dollars, they just upgraded me to the next plan which was $10 or $20 more per month. I was notified via email and text so it would have been hard to miss.

I reconnected my phone to my Wi-Fi and called CC. The next month our plan was back down to the original plane.

What? How is this even possible.

Even if you had an unlimited data and minutes plan, it wouldn't be more than $ 100 per month. Why wiuld you be paying "per data byte?"

This sounds like a bogus review.