My wife and I had planned over 1 year for our cruise to the Baltic capitals in celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary. Two days before departure I signed up for the Consumer cellular overseas service.

I was told that they would have to change out my SIM card to T-Mobile from ATT. Took the phone to target and completed the transaction. The day of departure in S. Cal my phone would not let me make any local calls.

In the airport I spent over 1 hour with CC's tech support having to use my wife's phone. There was no solution to the issue after several attempts. Then David asked to leave the terminal to get better reception. This was 20 minutes before I had to board the plane to Amsterdam, and that meant having to go through security again!?!

So, bottom line, we were not able to have phone contact with family and friends for the entire 2 weeks we were gone.

After returning home the phone had poor reception and could not access by voice mail. I took the phone to another Target store and the tech says the new SIM card was not installed/activated correctly. I called CC customer support and asked for a credit on my phone since it was not functioning.

Not even the supervisor would give me any form of credit after all that we went through. This is the worst customer service I have ever had!

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Consumer Cellular Pros: Mostly normal coverage area, Lower cell phone prices.

Consumer Cellular Cons: Reception quality is not all that great, Very poor customer relations in resolving my issue.

• Incompetent Representatives