3.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I called a few months ago to lower my plan which they had no problem doing, the only thing they forgot to tell me is that they put a "fee" on for doing this.. so they lowered my unlimited texts from 1GB to 250MB which reduced my bill $5.00 BUT then they added a $5.00 line charge ($10.00 to $15.00) on my monthly charges.

So now for the same price as I had before I changed to lower my plan, I am only getting 250MB/Unlimited texts ...In other words I am paying the same price as before only they lowered my unlimited texts from 1GB to 250MB. Do they really think we do not notice this?

I just want to make others aware THEY ARE NOT DOING YOU ANY FAVORS WHEN THEY RAISE OR LOWER YOUR BILL, as they are making money from this but no one really tells you this... Be Aware!

Product or Service Mentioned: Consumer Cellular Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Always friendly.

I didn't like: Dishonesty.

Comments

You do know you can change your plan for free as often as you like by logging into your account. I do it all the time, when I go over my data limit and they auto upgrade me, I go in and reset it back to 250 mb.

I've never paid a fee, but then again, I do it myself and don't waste time sitting on hold for phone reps.

It's really easy to do. The $5 fee is probably a one time fee, although Ive had them do things for me over the phone and have never been charged a fee.