Featured Not resolved
3.1

I received an iPhone 6s, 1 1/5 weeks later is simply quit. I called and they sent a new phone out with a mailing label to return the broken one.

Almost two weeks later, I receive the broken phone back with a bill for $200. There are very minor scratches on the glass screen (you actually need a flashlight to see them) so the refused the return saying it was damaged, not broken.

I took the phone to Apple and they said it is defective, they were astonished that they consider the minor scratches a problem (they had to use a flashlight to see them).

They said the phone was UNDER WARRANTY and should have been accepted by Consumer Cellular. Apple provided me with a new device.

Now I have two phones that I have paid for. ( I only need one) They refuse to take the replacement phone back from Apple as replacement and they refuse to unlock it because I haven't used the phone for 6 months.

They will unlock the phone after 3 months for $120 charge. Ridiculous

Product or Service Mentioned: Consumer Cellular Cell Phone Replacement.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Unlock the replacement phone that I received from Apple for no charge.

Consumer Cellular Pros: Price of plans, Coverage area.

Consumer Cellular Cons: How warranty issues are handled.

Comments