2.5

I recently converted my three AT&T wireless lines to Consumer Cellular (CC). They initially sent me the wrong sim cards so I had to run to Target to get one immediately for my phone which I had already activated on CC's program. The other two hadn't yet been activated so waiting for the correct sim cards was no issue. So I incurred the expense of having to go to Target because of their mistake.

Next, when I signed up, they didn't tell me I was limited to three lines, nor did they tell me I would be on auto-pay. When I discovered the auto-pay, I called to ask why. I was told they tried to run a credit check on me but couldn't. Correct. I have freezes with all three credit bureaus. They never told me they needed to run a credit check, and they didn't ask if there were freezes on the accounts. After working with various Equifax personnel for three hours, I was able to get a temporary lift on my credit report. I called CC and told them that. They ran the report and told me I still had to stay on auto-pay for nine months. I have a 820-850 credit rating! I am not on auto-pay with any other service provider. There is no legitimate reason that I have to be on auto-pay. I pay all bills in full and on time.

I discovered I was limited to three lines when I tried to add another one. CC told me I can't get another line for 50 days after signing up. That is a stupid policy. They lose money instead of giving me an additional line and new phone.

I consider all these "omissions" when signing up as deceptive business practices. I have filed formal complaints with BBB, FCC and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I also faxed a letter to CC CEO John Marick.

Product or Service Mentioned: Consumer Cellular Cell Phone Activation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: I want Consumer Cellular to be more upfront when signing new customers.

Comments

GreyLeopardTortoise705

Good review. I have had similar issues with CC.

Consumer Cellular Reviews